My Scale


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday


Fat Tuesday is usually just another day of bad eating.  Only difference it's acceptable to eat poorly on that day.  I struck a VICTORY yesterday eating good but once again.  The one thing on my mind, was Thursdays weigh-in and my goal for March. 

I contemplated giving up my morning coffee for lent, and even proclaimed the possibility.  But, as I walked in to my kitchen this morning, that stainless steel pot was calling my name.  So I will wait to give up my caffeine till I am closer to leaving for The Ridge.  Instead, I have given up all snacks sweet & salty.  So, basically all the 100 calorie snacks that I have in my house are no more till I return from Fitness Ridge.  Because, lent ends the day I arrive at Fitness Ridge.  In other words, my Easter is checking in to my home away from home.

I have been really pushing my incline walking and did 2 miles early today on an 9.0 incline.  I ended up going back on my treadmill later in the day and doing another 3 miles for a total of 1,000 calories!!  Yipee!  It's the weigh-in that's motivating me.  It's more like I  am so paranoid that although I have kicked my butt all week I will see no weight loss or worse a weight gain.  Believe me it has happened to me!!  So I know as I type this, my bike is waiting for me.  I will ride it for an hour tonight.  It is great having my bike in my media room as I can work out and still hang with the family.  Seriously, if my bike wasn't in there I would be missing out on some of my calorie deficit.

So as I finish up my blog today, I promise you I am scared that tomorrows weigh-in is not going to show how hard I worked all week.  Oh do I hope I am wrong!!!!

1 comment:

ALAN CHEZ said...

You will do great .Its like the biggest looser. If it does not come off this week that means more next week.