My Scale


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A lil more about me...how I gained weight...


If you read my about me section, you can see a little bit about me. This kind of continues from there...
My husband, my soul mate...does love me so!  When we met back in 1999, I was a driven force...I had taken my life back, the life sucked dry from my first husband.  I was in the best shape of my life.  When Alan, my husband took me to Washington, DC we stayed next door at a gorgeous hotel. (the name escapes me)  While Alan rehearsed for the upcoming "Concert of the Century" for the Save the Music Foundation, I was putting on my sneakers and running out the door of the hotel.  I ran from the White House to the Lincoln Memorial, and back.  I remember saying wow, life really does start at 40.  I was healthy, happy and living life.  I was an invited guest of The Clinton's as this was Hillary's last hoorah before leaving the White House.  It was surreal.
And mind you this was a "date" we didn't get married till much later (2002).
Anyway...my gym was my little piece of paradise.  I loved going there..it really made me happy, my endorphins where dancing for joy.  I tried to get there at least 5 days a week.  My gym had new owners near the end of it being in business.  How strange it was to see the owners smoking outside the door at least twice during my workout each day.  I had a trainer for a few weeks, and then was on my own.  I helped a lot of people learn the equipment in my gym since I was the face you saw there all the time.  (haha).  I started hearing the owners bragging about a new exercise that you did on the leg lift machine.  They kept showing everyone how to do it.  It spiked my curiosity and I had them show me.  WHAT A MISTAKE!  It tore my knee up in a second!  After that I was no longer able to do the intense cardio I had created for myself.  No more stairmaster, no more treadmill  and no more bike!  I could still do my weight machines...but that wasn't enough.  That was part 1 of my problem, part 2 was the incredible love Alan had for me...always buying me treats to snack on when we cuddle on the couch.  (he still does this - YIKES).  Always wining and dining me with fancy new restaurants.  And after a marriage with a guy that wouldn't splurge on a movie but maybe 4 times a year...it was really enjoyable to be wined and dined.  The pounds started going up and up. I went to my gym one day and the doors were closed, forever~  I tried to find a new gym, but I seemed to be slipping away.  Alan doesn't really like skinny women, so it didn't help that he didn't mind my weight gain.  Although I am pretty sure he preferred me at my weight when we met.  But Alan would never say anything other than how much he loved me, and how beautiful I am etc etc.
I started going to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductions yearly.  And I never have had that smaller framed body I had at 40 again...so I was first in a size 12, then a size 14...then in a size 16 at the hall of fames.  I went to the Emmy Awards in a size 14 dress and wore a "long sleeved jacket" in the heat of LA to hide my arms.  I had lost some weight to wear that size 14 dress at the Emmy's...and since put it back on and a lil extra.  So here I sit, on day 6 of my "life change" and I started this weighing in at near 198. And I am 5'3".
I have another Rock n Roll Hall of Fame coming up in March, and have set my first goal to that date.  I want to be 15 pounds lighter by that date.  I will be the same weight I was at the Emmy's and although I won't be looking WOW I will be comfortable enough to enjoy, and go to the inductions.  A few years I gave my ticket to a relative because I didn't want anyone to see me.  I figure if I can achieve that goal, I will be in good shape for Aprils journey at the Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge.
Life has been good to me, Now I need to be good to me too and get healthy!

No comments: