My Scale


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 26th - 67 days and counting

I started getting ready for my trip to Fitness Ridge 5 days ago.  I have managed to get some sort of work out in each day.  I know for myself, if I don't do it early I pretty much lose my motivation as the day progresses.  On day 1 of working out, I was barely moving on my treadmill.  I would walk 1/4 of a mile, then try and jog 1/4 mile of a mile, then walk 1/4 of a mile and end with a cool down walk for the last 1/4 of a mile.  Today I was able to increase my activity, as I remember from 10 years ago when I went from 216 down to 145, I started with baby steps and pushed myself when I could to go a lil farther.  Each time I was able to do this, it made it possible for me to work out a lil harder.  Before I knew it, I was waking up before a grueling day of work and running among other exercise.  I want that 40 year old body back!
So in 5 days I was able to increase that workout on the treadmill by 1/4 mile walk, 1/2 mile jog, 1/4 mile walk, 1/2 mile jog, 1/2 mile walk.  Then I was able to still get on my elipitical and do a mile.  My plan all day was to watch Biggest Loser while on my stationary bike.  I started this when they did that bike class a few weeks ago.  My husband and I both did half the marathon.  I did it at a resistance of no more than 4 when we did that together.  Today, I was able to keep the resistance at 7 and felt I could go all night.
I know different days are going to feel different, and just because I was able to do 2 miles on the treadmill today, doesn't mean I will have the same energy tomorrow.  I am working on this 1 day at a time.  I am simply trying to increase my stamina and prepare myself for the intensity of The Ridge.
It was a good day.
My goal week 1 is to lose 2.38 pounds.

No comments: