My Scale


Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Ringing in Prepartion



I declare:  Its 2011....today is THE day...time to get rid of all the spiderwebs in my life.  As I sit here I KNOW...its time to throw out the trash....I will collectively go around the house, starting with my stocking candy and introduce it to my garbage can.  I will go through my cupboards and collect all the starchy salties and part ways.  I will clean out the frig and freezer and make sure they are ready for some long lost friends of mine...broccoli, spinach, peppers, onions, asparagus, and so many more friends of mine.  Yes these are some of my greatest friends...they fill me with good things working hard to repair any damage caused from the sweets n salties I allowed myself to consume.  My sweets will now be replaced with berries and other fruits.

If you have been keeping up with my other blog, Cats 1 life you know I welcomed the summer as a case study for a book that just now came out.  That book introduced me to so many pleasures with raw, natural foods as well as many hot meals I never would have thought to make.  I found myself so excited by this plan that I went out and bought new cutting boards, knives, measuring cups, garlic presser etc..etc...  I went from eating my regular 1200 calories to 1500 calories.  Unfortunately at the time I was so consumed with the crunch of making  "Alice in Wonderland" costumes that exercise had to be put on the back burner.  How could it be then that I lost 10 pounds in a month by "adding" 300 more calories to my eating???  While barely working out.  Meeting Cynthia Sass, a woman with a title too long to mention introduced me to a way of eating that combines a perfect combination of fiber, protein, fruits and vegetables and healthy fats.   No I haven't stayed with her plan everyday and obviously I fell off the tracks and gained weight back, but I know how to get right back on.  Her book is called "Cinch" and if you want to acquaint yourself with a great combination of food, eating 4 meals a day, I recommend her book.  Oh yeah, you will find me in the book on 2 of the pages. (PS this is not an advertisement, just my own personal declaration!)

Part two is my office.  Like many people, I have to share my workout equipment in a room full of other things.  Today is the day to make my workout room, my most important feature.  It is after all a very important feature in my life. I must MOVE and KEEP MOVING to achieve great health.  In this room I am placing a dry erase calender on the wall that shows 2 months of blank spaces.  This will be my reality check.  I will pass this wall daily and it will remind me of my calorie deficit.

As before I will count every calorie and right down everything I consume.  I will keep a note pad in my kitchen so I have no excuse to NOT keep track of what I am eating.

My ratio of eating to exercise will once again be my motivation and remind me that the truth is in the numbers.
And looking back to last January, I am reminded that by this exact way of life, I managed to take off almost 20 pounds in 2 months.  Now if that doesn't motivate me!  well...it does!

So by organizing, removing temptation and making sure the right things are available to me...I will be back on the downward spiral in inches and pounds and on the uphill gain of strength and good health.

Happy * Healthy* 2011 to us ALL!

No comments: